A. R. S. Slide Library
The Society's Slide Library has been supplemented since the last published list of programs through the generosity of members and friends and the Society is indebted to them for their generosity and extends its thanks and appreciation to all those who have participated. The following programs are now available:
- Species Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden, with tape, by Dr. Carl Phetteplace.
- Hybrid Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden, with tape, by Dr. Carl Phetteplace.
- Propagation of Rhododendrons, with tape, by Mr. John Lofthouse, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Some Rhododendron Species, with typescript commentary.
- Early Plantings in The A.R.S. Test Garden, Portland, Oregon, with typescript.
- Rhododendrons in New Zealand Gardens, with tape, by Mr. H. R. Tasker, Ashburton, New Zealand.
- Rhododendrons in Australia, with tape by Mr. A. W. Headlam, Bentleigh, Australia.
- Brodick Castle Gardens, with tape, by Mr. John S. Basford, Isle of Arran, Scotland.
- Occidentale Azaleas on the Southwest Oregon Coast, with tape, by Mr. Britt Smith and Dr. Frank Mossman.
- Rhododendrons in Southern Japan and Kyushu, with tape by Mr. Warren Berg, Kent, Washington.
These programs are available to A.R.S. Chapters on request of their President or Secretary and are mailed via Insured Parcel Post in Carousel trays. It is requested that the slides are NOT to be removed from the trays because of possibility of damage in handling and/or loss. The A.R.S. Board has established a fee of $5.00 a program and it is requested that the programs be promptly returned via Insured Parcel Post.