A. R. S. Slide Library
Howard A. Short, Chairman
Bainbridge Island, Washington
The Society's Slide Library contains the following programs of 35mm color transparencies, mounted in 2" x 2" frames. Most of these programs, as listed have reel or cassette recordings while two have typescript. These programs have been provided through the generosity of ARS members and friends of the Society and the Society is indebted to them for their generosity and extends its thanks and appreciation to all of those who have participated.
- Species Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden, by Dr. Carl Phetteplace. 7" reel, 64 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Hybrid Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden, by Dr. Carl Phetteplace. 7" reel, 65 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Some rhododendron species, in their series with typescript. 4. Early plantings in the ARS Test Garden, Portland, Oregon with typescript.
- Rhododendrons in New Zealand Gardens, by Mr. H. R. Lasker, Ashburton, N.Z., with 5" reel, with 58 slides, approx. 30 min. 6. Rhododendrons in Australia by Mr. A. W. Headlam, Bentleigh, Australia. 5" reel, 80 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Brodick Castle Gardens, by Mr. John S. Basford, Isle of Arran, Scotland. 5" reel, 60 slides, approx. 35 minutes.
- Occidentale Azaleas on the Southwest Oregon Coast, by Mr. Britt Smith and Dr. Frank Mossman. Cassette tape, 80 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Rhododendrons in Southern Japan, featuring R. yakushimanum, by Mr. Warren Berg, Kent, Wa. Cassette tape, 79 slides, 40 min.
It is hoped that other members will, in the immediate future, make some additional programs available to the Slide Library for the enjoyment of all the Chapters. There are undoubtedly numerous gardens worthy of being shared in this manner.
These programs are available to the ARS Chapters on request by the President or Secretary and are mailed via Insured Parcel Post or United Parcel Service. The Kodak Carousel trays and tapes are securely boxed. It is requested that the slides are NOT to be removed from the trays because of the possibility of damage in handling and/or loss.
The ARS Board has established a fee of $5.00 per program and it is requested that the programs be returned promptly via Insured Parcel Post in the amount of $50.00.
Requests for programs should be sent to: Howard A Short, Chmn., ARS Slide Library, Bainbridge Island, Wa.