Slide Library Program Additions
Howard A. Short, Bainbridge Island, Washington
Our A.R.S. Slide Library contains the following program of 35 mm color transparencies, mounted in 2 inch by 2 inch frames.
These programs offer a broad variety of subjects, having been provided by our members and friends of the Society. The Society is indebted to them for their generosity in time and effort and extends its thanks and appreciation.
Two additional programs are now available. However, newer Chapter members would, no doubt, enjoy many of the older programs.
- Species Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden by Carl Phetteplace, MD, 7 inch reel, 64 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Hybrid Rhododendrons in the Phetteplace Garden by Carl Phetteplace, MD, 7 inch reel, 65 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Some Rhododendron species in their series, with transcript.
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden, Portland, Oregon, with cassette.
- Rhododendrons in New Zealand Gardens by H. R. Lasker, Ashburton, N.Z. with 5 inch reel, with 58 slides, approximately 30 min.
- Rhododendrons in Australia by A. W. Headlam, Bentleigh, Australia, 5 inch reel, 80 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Brodick Castle Gardens by John S. Basford, Isle of Arran, Scotland, 5 inch reel, 60 slides, approximately 35 minutes.
- Occidentale Azaleas on the Southwest Oregon Coast by Britt Smith and Frank Mossman, MD, cassette tape, 80 slides, approximately 45 minutes.
- Rhododendrons in Southern Japan, featuring R. yakushimanum by Warren Berg, Kent, Wa., cassette tape, 79 slides, 40 minutes.
- Rhododendron Propagation Techniques by John Lofthouse, with cassette.
These programs are available to the A.R.S. Chapters on request by the President or Secretary and are mailed via Insured Parcel Post or United Parcel Service. The Kodak Carousel trays and tapes are securely boxed. It is requested that the slides are NOT to be removed from the trays because of the possibility of damage in handling and/or loss.
The ARS Board has established a fee of $5.00 per program and it is requested that the programs be returned promptly via Insured Parcel Post in the amount of $50.00. Reserve and order programs from Howard A. Short Chmn., ARS Slide Library, Bainbridge Island, WA.