Membership Contest for a Design for the Pioneer Achievement Award
George W. Ring, Fairfax, VA
The ARS ad hoc committee appointed to prepare an appropriate design for the award recommends that there be a competitor open to members of the Society for designing the award which will be given to a deserving recipient. Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Design shall not exceed 15" x 22".
- Design shall have a space which shall be a pictorial representation of the outstanding achievement or person to be individualized on each citation. The basic design will be permanent on each citation with the exception of the individualized portion.
- Design shall include some connotation of ARS, name of the award (Pioneer Achievement Award), name of person receiving the award, space for citation and signature of the president and facsimile signatures of the selection panel, and date of presentation.
- Design shall provide for color, especially in the individualized portion.
- Entries shall be submitted not later than December 1, 1981 to President of the ARS: George W. Ring Fairfax, VA
- A prize of $200 shall be awarded for the best entry.
- Decisions of the judges shall be final.