Spectrum publication guidelines
Spectrum Volume 19 Issue 02 - September 5, 1996
(Editor's note: The following information is provided to Spectrum readers to facilitate input for publication.)
Please remember that Spectrum's deadline is 5 p.m. on the Thursday preceding publication. If you are interested in having information printed in Spectrum, please refer to the following guidelines:
* Calendar items, including events and seminars, and stories to be included in "Bulletins" should be sent as attachments to Spectrum@vt.edu. If you are unable to send an attachment, you may imbed the information in your mail message; however, an attachment is preferred. If you are unable to send a calendar item or bulletin electronically, you may fax it to Spectrum at 1-4943 or mail it to Spectrum, 0109, campus. Submitting a schedule for the entire semester enables us to post your events on our master calendar for future publication.
* If you have an unavoidable last-minute change in information you have submitted about an event or seminar, please fax the information to Spectrum at 1-4943 or send it by e-mail to Spectrum@vt.edu; and call 1-6961 to alert the editor regarding changes. We will make every effort to incorporate the new information. However, due to our deadline with the printer, we may be unable to include all such changes.
* Items for "Achievers" should be submitted to information officers for each college. (Call your dean's office if you need the name and number of your information officer.) If you are not part of a college, you may submit achiever items directly to Spectrum@vt.edu.
* Items for "Newsmakers" should be sent to Julie Kane, Jkane@vt.edu.
* Ideas for other stories should be submitted to editor John Ashby, 1-6961, or Spectrum@vt.edu.
We appreciate your input and your cooperation in helping us to serve the university community.