Connecting from a Mac
- Open the chooser under the apple menu (upper left corner of the screen).
- Select the "Appleshare" icon in the upper left corner of the chooser by single-clicking on it.
- Select the zone "Library (Tor)" from the list of zones in the lower left corner by single-clicking on its name.
- Select the server "SCP Drop" from the list of servers in the upper right corner by single-clicking on its name. Your screen should now appear as follows:
- Click OK.
- Instead of entering a username or password, simply select the "Guest" radio button (see below).
- On the list of available drives that appears, highlight "scpdrop" by single-clicking its name (see below).
- Click OK.
- The folder "scpdrop" will appear on your desktop. See below:
Connecting from a PC running Windows 2000
Double-click on the "My Network Places" icon on your computer's desktop.
Double-click on the "Add Network Place" icon.
Type in "//scpdrop.lib.vt.edu/scpdrop" as shown below, then click "Next".
Enter a name for the shortcut or leave it set to the default. Click "Finish".
A shortcut will appear with the name you've selected.
You can now use the new shortcut to view the contents of the shared folder. You can open, save, or edit files just as you would on your local hard drives.
Last updated on: Friday, 05-Oct-2001 17:09:00 EDT
Display the graphical version of this document.