The 2007 Paul T. Hiser Exemplary Publication Award Co-Recipients
“Exploring the Influence of New Technology Planning and Implementation on the
Perceptions of New Technology Effectiveness”
Mark R. Snyder
“The Education of Indentured Servants in Colonial America”
The Board of Editors of The Journal of Technology Studies and the Board of Directors are pleased toannounce the co-recipients of the Paul T. Hiser Exemplary Publication Award for Volume XXXIII, 2007.
The Board of Directors established this award for deserving scholars. In recognition for his exemplaryservice to the profession and to the honorary as a Trustee and Director, the award bears Dr. Hiser’sname. It is given to the author or authors of articles judged to be the best of those published each yearin this journal.
Each member of the Editorial Board recommends the manuscript that he or she considers the best ofthose reviewed during the year. The editor forwards copies of nominated manuscripts to the members ofthe board for their evaluation against the criteria. A majority vote of the editors is required for the awardto be made. The honor society’s Board of Directors renders final approval of the process and the award.
- The subject matter of the manuscript must be clearly in the domain of one or more of the professionsin technology.
- The article should be exemplary in one or more of the following ways:
- Ground-breaking philosophical thought.
- Historical consequence in that it contains significant lessons for the present and the future.
- Innovative research methodology and design.
- Trends or issues that currently influence the field or are likely to affect it.
- Unique yet probable solutions to current or future problems.
A $300 award recognizes the recipient(s) for the year and is presented during an Epsilon Pi Tau programat an annual professional association conference.