Current Editor: Chris Merrill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Editors: Mark Sanders 1989-1997; James LaPorte: 1997-2010
The Journal of Technology Education provides a forum for scholarly discussion on topics relating to technology education. Manuscripts should focus on technology education research, philosophy, and theory. In addition, the Journal publishes book reviews, editorials, guest articles, comprehensive literature reviews, and reactions to previously published articles.
Editorial/Review Process Manuscripts that appear in the Articles section have been subjected to a blind review by three or more members of the Editorial Board. This process generally takes from six to eight weeks, at which time authors are promptly notified of the status of their manuscript. Book reviews, editorials, and reactions are reviewed by the Editor and Associate Editor, which generally takes about two weeks.
- Five copies of each manuscript and an electronic version on floppy disk should be submitted to: James E. LaPorte, JTE Editor, 144 Smyth Hall, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0432 (540) 231-8169. Overseas submissions may be sent electronically via the Internet (to email@example.com) to expedite the review process, but if submitted only in ASCII format (e.g., as an email message), a fully formatted version on floppy disk must also be sent via conventional mail.
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced and must adhere strictly to the guidelines published in Publication Guidelines of the American Psychological Association (4th Edition).
- Manuscripts that are accepted for publication must be resubmitted (following any necessary revisions) both in hard copy and on a floppy disk saved in the native word processor format (such as Microsoft Word) and in ASCII format.
- Manuscripts for articles should generally be 15-20 pages (22,000-36,000 characters in length, with 36,000 characters an absolute maximum). Book reviews, editorials, and reactions should be approximately four to eight manuscript pages (approx. 6,000-12,000 characters).
- All figures and artwork must be scaled to fit on the JTE pages and be submitted both in camera-ready and electronic formats.
Make checks payable to: Journal of Technology Education. All checks must list a US bank on the check.
- Regular (USA): $12
- Regular (Canada/Overseas): $16
- Library (USA): $20
- Library (Canada/Overseas): $25
- Individual Back Issues (USA): $7 each
- Individual Back Issues (Canada/Overseas): $9 each
Return check and this form to:
James E. LaPorte, JTE Editor
144 Smyth Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0432
The International Technology Education Association (ITEA) is a non-profit educational association concerned with advancing technological literacy. The Association functions at many levels&emdash;from international to local&emdash;in responding to member concerns. The Council on Technology Teacher Education (CTTE), affiliated with the ITEA, is concerned primarily with technology teacher education issues and activities. For membership information, contact: ITEA, 1914 Association Drive, Reston, VA 22091 (703) 860-2100.
All issues of the Journal of Technology Education may be accessed on the World Wide Web at: http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JTE/ (Note: this URL is case sensitive).
The following correction for Vol. 11, #1, Fall 1999 issue:
In the "Table of Contents," second article, authors are Aaron C. Clark AND Robert E. Wenig.
Our apology to Robert E. Wenig for the omission of his name.