WDBJ 7 Graphics Gallery
Part of the Scholarly Communications Project at Virginia Tech
- Dave Matthews Concert Roanoke, April 18, 1998. Victory Stadium's biggest crowd ever.
- Winter of 98 Bent Mountain iced in and NS Maury River derailment. February 5, 1998
- Women at VMI The first class under a court-ordered coeducational system hits the "rat line." August, 1997
- Tornados! Twisters hit Franklin and Pittsylvania Counties. June, 1996.
- Tense Standoff. Police subdue armed teenager after long standoff in Roanoke. June, 1996
- Lake Landing. A small plane crashes and sinks in Smith Mountain Lake. May 14, 1996.
- Crash Landing. Three people walk away from a plane crash in Botetourt Co. April, 1996
- High Speed Chase Suspect captured after high-speed chase and car crash. March, 1996
- Pipeline Construction of the controversial Lake Gaston Pipeline is underway. March, 1996
- February Storm A snowstorm on Groundhog Day, 1996 paralized parts of Western and Southside Virginia for a weekend.
- Flooding January, 1996. One week after a severe snowstorm, rains and melting snow caused flooding in Western Virginia
- The "Blizzard of '96" January, 1996. Not technically a blizzard, but a major winter storm in January paralized parts of western and central Virginia for days.
- Bowls, 1995 Virginia Tech and University of Virginia win their bowl games.
Archives Main Menu.....News-7 Main Menu