JARS v63n3 - Research Foundation Update
Research Foundation Update
Karel F. Bernady, Chairman, ARS Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of the American Rhododendron Society announces changes in its Treasurer and Board of Trustees.
At a meeting of the Board on April 22, 2009, in Devon, Pennsylvania, the Trustees accepted the resignation of its Treasurer, Hazel Tarpley, and thanked her for her eight years of service to the Foundation. The Trustees approved the appointment of Jean Beaudry as Treasurer. Jean has previously served as Director of District 9 and as Secretary of the American Rhododendron Society. The Board then approved Jean and Hank Schannen to be Trustees subject to appointment by the Board of Directors at the upcoming meeting in Everett, Washington. Approval was obtained at the Board of Directors Meeting on April 29, 2009.
With the two new appointments and the installation of Ted Stecki as President of the Society, the Board of Trustees will be constituted as follows:
1. Karel F. Bernady, Chairman, for term ending May 2011
2. Mike Stewart, for term ending May 2011
3. Harold Sweetman, Chairman of the Research Committee, for term ending May 2010
4. H.C. (Bud) Gehnrich, for term ending May 2010
5. Hank Schannen, for term ending May 2012
6. Jean Beaudry, Treasurer of the Research Foundation, for term ending May 2012
7. Ted Stecki, President of ARS, ex officio, for term ending 2011
We welcome the new members of the Board of Trustees. We thank our outgoing Trustees, Hazel Tarpley and Fred Whitney, for their efforts to the Foundation. The Research Foundation looks forward to furthering the educational and scientific purposes of the Society.