The 2000 Paul T. Hiser
Exemplary Publication Award Recipient
Mark E. Sanders
"Web-Based Portfolios for Technology Education: A Personal Case Study"
The Board of Editors of The Journal of Technology Studies and the Board of Directors are pleased to announce the recipient of the Paul T. Hiser Exemplary Publication Award for Volume XXVI, 2000.
The Board of Directors established this award for deserving scholars. In recognition for his exemplary service to the profession and to the honorary as a Trustee and Director, the award bears Dr. Hiser's name. It is given to the author or authors of articles judged to be the best of those published each year in this journal.
Each member of the Editorial Board recommends the manuscript that he or she considers the best of those reviewed during the year. The editor forwards copies of nominated manuscripts to the members of the board for their evaluation against the criteria.
A majority vote of the editors is required for the award to be made. The honorary's Board of Directors renders final approval of the process and the award.
- The subject matter of the manuscript must be clearly in the domain of one or more of the professions in technology.
The article should be exemplary in one or more of the following ways:
- Ground-breaking philosophical thought.
- Historical consequence in that it contains significant lessons for the present and the future.
- Innovative research methodology and design.
- Trends or issues that currently influence the field or are likely to affect it.
- Unique yet probable solutions to current or future problems.
A $300 award recognizes the recipient(s) for the year and is presented during an Epsilon Pi Tau program at an annual professional association conference.