This is the official site for the university's historical materials related to the tragic events of April 16, 2007. In establishing the Virginia Tech April 16, 2007, Archives of the University Libraries, we were guided by the principles of the archival profession to impartially organize, preserve, and make accessible the analog and digital resources documenting the events of that day and subsequently. It also provides access to other university and government resources.
Digital artifacts and representations are available through this web site. Here is the finding aid to the artifacts in this archive; it is also available in the Special Collections Reading Room in Newman Library on the Blacksburg campus. Here are pictures of the Archives being organized and digitized at the temporary work site.
VT Memorial Archive
- Digital Condolence Artifacts
includes image, video, and audio files
- Coming: illustrations, notes, and signatures from large wooden boards on the Drill Field.
- Formal guide (i.e., finding aid) to the library's 4/16 archives, Ms2008-020.
- We Remember (VT)
- Stories of the Tragedy (CDDC site)
- NSF-funded 4/16 Research (Fox)
- Testbed for 4/16 Research (Fox/DLRL)
- Project Report: CS4624 (Fox)
- U. S. Department of Education Letter received March 29, 2011
- Final Program Review Determination, Dec. 9, 2010
University Statement, Dec. 9, 2010
- Official Responses
- Gov. Kane releases the Report of the VT Review Panel
- Mass Shootings at Virginia Tech: April 16, 2007 Report of the Review (Aug. 2007)
- Mass Shootings at Virginia Tech: Addendum to the Report of the Review Panel (Nov. 2009)
- Mass Shootings at Virginia Tech: Addendum to the Report of the Review Panel (Nov. 2009, Rev. Dec. 2009)
- University Statement on U.S. Department of Education Findings (May 18, 2010)
DoE's "Program Review Report," (Jan. 21, 2010) begins on p. 80.
- Understanding Mental Illness